The MONDIAL DES VINS EXTREMES is organised by CERVIM (Research and Coordinating Centre for the Protection, Promotion and Enhancement of Mountain Viticulture) in collaboration with the Aosta Valley Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the VIVAL Association (Aosta Valley), under the sponsorship of the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV).
The aim of the most important international wine competition, which is reserved to wines produced in mountain (above 500 meters) and on steep slopes (more than 30%), is to promote the wine production of these regions, which are characterized by structural difficulties but also by rare wines possessing extraordinary features.
The selections of the 23rd International Mountain Wines Competition took place in Sarre (Aosta Valley) from 23rd to 25h July, where about 602 wines from 9 European countries participated.
Special CERVIM prize 2016
- France: L’Etoile Cooperative, Banyuls sur Mer
- Italy: Cave des Onze Communes, Aymavilles (Vallée d’Aoste)
- Portugal: Maria Helena de Sousa Alves – Mesào Frio (Douro)
- Spain: Bodegas Balcon de la Laguna, San Cristobal de la Laguna (Canaries)
- Switzerland: Domaine Jean-René Germanier, Vetroz (Valais)